Saturday, October 20, 2007

Iain's Swim Meet 10/18-10/20

Iain had a swim meet this weekend. His 1st event was the 500 freestyle which is 20 lengths of the pool. Geoff told him if he made a state qualifying time he would not have to swim it again until the state swim meet. Iain swam it in 6:36.70 and state qualifying time is 6:36.49. He missed if by 21 onehundreths of a second. He was sad he missed the time, but he did drop almost a minute off his time from the previous time he swam it so he was happy about that. In all the events he swam he dropped time.
He got a new swim suit a few weeks ago and he named it Blue Lightening!

I made Iain false start by taking this picture. I forgot about the flash on the camera and how the start uses a beep and a flash. I took the picture and he fell in. He was very upset with me after the race. I told him I would only take pictures of him from the oter end of the pool.
The video is of him doing 50 fly.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How cool and fun for the boys. I am so happy to hear from you. I hope that you are feeling better. I was worried about you. : )

Meaghan said...

Iain is awesome!! Swim meets are so much fun. Ahh...the memories!